Welcome to the cases Forum.
- Tool Specifics
- Forum to discuss Tool specific problems.
- PIP Versus Omega
- For solving the Lexiographical Maxium in determining
data-dependencies in Nested Loop Programs, one can
apparently use either PIP or Omega.
- How would you formulate the optimization in either
Omega or PIP?
- Is there any knowledge about which tools is better
in terms of
- Kind of solutions (compact?)
- PIP Versions
- During CASES'99 I found out that there exist different
versions of PIP. Supposely, there is an version that
makes use of the GNU GMP library, which is an library
for arbitrary precision arithmetic. This is important
because sometimes PIP cannot find a solution because
solvinf it requires number to larger to fit in a
long integer. I think Jean-Francois Collard know
someone at Philips Research how has created this versions
Also, which version of PIP that is currently the most
recent one is not clear. I currently make use of
version 'D4'. But if you go to the home page of
Paul Feautrier, you get release number 'D1'. So,
does someone know what the lastest number is?